(As of 10/13/19)
These Standing Rules shall not be in conflict with the Gardeners by the Sea Bylaws and may be adopted and amended at any regular or special meeting of the Gardeners by the Sea Executive Board by a two-thirds vote.
1. Meeting time may be governed and changed by the President or Executive Board due to unknown factors. Currently social time will begin at 12:00 p.m. Program speakers have the option of beginning their programs at 1 p.m. or 2 p.m. Meetings will be held either before or after program, depending on speaker’s preference.
2. Each officer and standing and special committee chairs shall keep a "procedure book" or file of the duties and achievements of that office during their term of service. This file shall be passed on to their successor.
3. At least seven (7) meetings must be scheduled for the year.
4. New members shall pay full dues of $35.00 upon joining. Anyone joining the Club after January 1st will pay $20.00 for dues for the remainder of the year. Dues are payable by April 30, delinquent May 1 for each successive year.
5. Associate Members shall pay dues of $45.00, effective May 1, 2015.
6. The membership list of names, addresses, and phone numbers should be used only for the purposes of the Gardeners by the Sea Garden Club.
7. Club members’ email addresses are to be used ONLY for club-related activities (no solicitations or chain emails).
8. An ad hoc Remembrance Committee shall be chosen by the President, as needed, to commemorate an active GBTS club member, who has deceased.
(These standing rules can be rescinded or amended at any general Club meeting, without previous notice, by majority vote.)
9. Email voting may be used by the Executive Board whenever a regular board meeting is not possible or feasible for an immediate decision to be reached.